What are thread veins?
- Thread veins, or spider veins, are incredibly common in both men and women. They’re wrongly associated with old age and ageing skin, because those in their 20s can develop thread veins in their skin.
- While it’s true they can be triggered or more can develop during periods of hormonal influence such as pregnancy and the menopause, they can truly affect anyone at any age.
- They’re a natural part of your skin and usually nothing to worry about, but we understand that some may not like the appearance of their thread veins. This is why we offer thread vein removal using short wave diathermy.
Common causes of thread veins
- Thread veins can be hereditary
- Obesity or weight gain
- Hormonal fluctuations during pregnancy, puberty, or menopause
- Using birth control pills
- Hormone replacement therapy post-menopause
- A family or personal history of blood clots
Thread vein removal using short wave diathermy
Thread vein removal downtime
After your treatment, your skin may be a little pink or puffy, but this should settle down after a few hours. A healing process then starts, and your results will be apparent 4 to 6 weeks after treatment.
After this, we’d recommend a follow-up appointment to assess whether a second is needed. Everyone’s treatment journey with thread vein removal is different, so we take this process at your own pace and make our best recommendations for your individual case.
Book a consultation with a member of our team today to learn how we could enhance and rejuvenate your natural beauty.
All treatments are subject to a satisfactory consultation. Terms and Conditions apply.